I am a nerd.
1. I prefer to present my thoughts in numbered lists.
2. I read the kind of books that have overly detailed pictures of warlocks, wizards and elves on the front.
3. I read said books over and over and over again. Reading a book one time is just not an option for me.
4. I have read the books and watched the movies of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter - to name the most popular. Don't worry - I've read the book and watched the movie of a lost less known/more embarrassing series.
5. I have seen almost every episode ever of Star Trek (thanks Mom!)
6. Almost every dream I have involves me flying, traveling to alternate universes or dealing with some kind of magical creature.
7. Conspiracies? Don't get me started. Actually, please do - I think more people should be aware/worried about the mass animal deaths that have been steadily increasing since 2006.
8. I am also extremely morbid. You know what a fascination with death and all things nerd equals? An unhealthy affection for all things zombie.
9. When I go to the bookstore - I make a beeline for the "Sci-Fi/Fantasy" section and usually meet/chat up a few new friends there.
10. I find extreme offense in anyone labeling me as a dweeb, dork, geek or anything other than a straight nerd. As outlined by the below chart - I am the best of all three worlds.
I am a nerd. I am the coolest nerd you'll ever meet. I am now daydreaming about the kind of solar system that would house worlds devoted to intelligence, social ineptitude and obsession.