3.23.2011

I am a nerd.

Recently, while spending some times at a friend's house - one of the songs for Lord of the Rings started playing over the TV. My poor husband then asks "Why are they playing the theme song from Star Wars?" He didn't realize this innocent, though misinformed, question would lead to a lecture from yours truly on the musical scores and nuances of each series.
I just can't help myself. I am a nerd. Not in the cool hipster/intellectual brainac way - no, no I'm a Star Trek watching, fantasy novel reading, conspiracy believing nerd. Below I have included a numbered list of the reasons I've (begrudgingly) come to this conclusion.
1. I prefer to present my thoughts in numbered lists.

2. I read the kind of books that have overly detailed pictures of warlocks, wizards and elves on the front.

3. I read said books over and over and over again. Reading a book one time is just not an option for me.

4. I have read the books and watched the movies of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter - to name the most popular. Don't worry - I've read the book and watched the movie of a lost less known/more embarrassing series.

5. I have seen almost every episode ever of Star Trek (thanks Mom!)

6. Almost every dream I have involves me flying, traveling to alternate universes or dealing with some kind of magical creature.

7. Conspiracies? Don't get me started. Actually, please do - I think more people should be aware/worried about the mass animal deaths that have been steadily increasing since 2006.

8. I am also extremely morbid. You know what a fascination with death and all things nerd equals? An unhealthy affection for all things zombie.

9. When I go to the bookstore - I make a beeline for the "Sci-Fi/Fantasy" section and usually meet/chat up a few new friends there.

10. I find extreme offense in anyone labeling me as a dweeb, dork, geek or anything other than a straight nerd. As outlined by the below chart - I am the best of all three worlds.




















I am a nerd. I am the coolest nerd you'll ever meet. I am now daydreaming about the kind of solar system that would house worlds devoted to intelligence, social ineptitude and obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment